UnitedHealthcare® MedicareRx for Groups (PDP)
OptumRx® mail service pharmacy
Make the most of your Pharmacy benefits today.
You could pay less for the same medications when you fill your prescriptions with OptumRx, your plan's Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy.
Our network mail service pharmacies give you the added convenience of getting your maintenance medications1 (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 and Tier 5 drugs) delivered right to your mailbox. Depending on the plan you are enrolled in, you may even be able to save money on your copays. See the Pharmacy Directory for a list of network mail service pharmacies.
- No shipping charge for standard delivery to U.S. addresses, including U.S. territories.
- All medications are dispensed in clearly labeled containers and mailed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
- Licensed pharmacists are available by phone to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Completed orders for a new prescription should arrive within ten business days, completed refill orders should arrive in about seven business days.
- OptumRx is a national Mail Service Pharmacy founded and managed by pharmacists.
OptumRx™ Mail Service Pharmacy is one of our network mail service pharmacies. It's easy to get started. Learn more
1 Maintenance medications are typically those drugs you take on a regular basis for a chronic or long-term condition.
You are not required to use OptumRx to obtain a 90-day supply of your maintenance medications, but you may pay more out-of-pocket compared to using OptumRx, your plan’s Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy. Prescription orders sent directly to OptumRx from your doctor must have your approval before OptumRx can send your medications. This includes new prescriptions and prescription refills. OptumRx will contact you, by phone, to get your approval. At that time you may also tell OptumRx to automatically fill any future prescriptions they receive directly from your doctor(s) for up to one year. If OptumRx is unable to reach you for approval your prescription will not be sent to you. Refunds may be available for prescriptions you did not approve and did not want. You may request a refund or cancel your approval by calling OptumRx at 1-800-791-7658, TTY 711, 8 a.m .– 8 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday. New prescriptions should arrive within ten business days from the date the completed order is received by the Mail Service Pharmacy. Completed refill orders should arrive in about seven business days. OptumRx will contact you if there will be an extended delay in the delivery of your medications.
OptumRx is an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.